Don’t wait to explore the future
Could joining the coolest government organization be in your future?
Forward-looking research, collaborating with others, and exploring Canada’s possible futures will be your “typical day”. Does that sound like the right career for you?
We are looking for a senior foresight analyst, and two foresight managers to lead our foresight teams.
We’re a unique organization. We provide foresight research and services across the federal government, and explore how the policy landscape could change in the future. The point is to help the government design programs and policies that are robust across plausible futures and in the face of disruptive change.
Our staff is our strength. Our small but mighty group is dedicated, diverse, intelligent, and curious, with backgrounds ranging from AI, physical sciences and engineering, to history, economics, theatre, education, international relations, art, and law.
We’re looking for …
Senior foresight analyst (EC06)
A Horizons senior foresight analyst will typically:
- Research and analyze future developments that could affect government policy and programs;
- Interview experts to understand how the future might look across many areas;
- Develop and write high quality foresight materials for various audiences;
- Engage with people both in and out of government to verify the relevance and impact of research;
- Facilitate or participate in meetings and workshops;
- Help design foresight projects; and
- Work collaboratively in teams to move the work forward.
2 Managers (EC07)
An effective Horizons foresight manager does some of the tasks that the senior foresight analyst does, but they also:
- Design and manage foresight studies that are relevant to government policy makers;
- Lead production of foresight reports, presentations, and corporate documents.
- Hire, orient, train, manage, and develop their staff’s talent;
- Build relationships with partners and clients across government; and
- Actively participate in management committees and discussions.
You’re a perfect fit for Horizons if you:
- Read widely and think about the future implications of what you’re reading;
- Combine creativity and good judgement;
- Empathize with others to understand their perspectives;
- Work towards results and enjoy seeing your ideas come to life;
- Collaborate with others to reflect a diversity of opinions in your research;
- Take initiative and look for ways to change in the system; and
- Don’t mind robots zipping along in the hallway.
Is this your dream job?
If you’ve been nodding your head repeatedly, got butterflies in your stomach, and already looked us up online, read the full job posting on the Public Service Commission’s site. Remote working opportunities may be available for the analyst position. There are many talented individuals out there who may be an excellent fit for Horizons, so please read all the details and follow the instructions.
Run, don’t walk. The deadline is June 18, 2019. We look forward to meeting you.