MetaScan 2011 explored how four international change drivers are shaping Canada's future. The global and Canadian economies could look quite different in 10 years or 15 years. New developments are expected to change the economy, such as:
- fragmentation in global value chains;
- rise of new technologies;
- new processes like co-creation, co-production and co-consumption;
- demographic change;
- growing demands for new measures of well-being; and,
- new factors shaping competitiveness.
One thing is certain - we confront a period of profound change. MetaScan 2011 was co-created by Policy Horizons Canada and participating departments.
MetaScan 2011 was informed by three foresight projects. Each project brought together expertise from across the public service, academia and elsewhere. Each was produced using collaborative methods and tools. The three 2011 projects were:
For More Information
- To find out more about this project, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.